In chaotic times, a deep breath can bring calm to your classroom.
As the pandemic recedes and the world gradually returns to “normal,” it’s more important than ever to make your classroom a place that supports mental health and improves overall wellness.
With this practical, research-based guide, you’ll incorporate age- and grade-appropriate meditation, breathing, mindfulness, and secular yoga activities into your teaching, in ways that work for in-person as well as virtual and hybrid settings. Features include
- Adaptations for special populations, including those who have experienced trauma
- Recommendations for family involvement in social-emotional learning
- Guidance on self-care for teachers and school staff
- Data from successfully implemented programs
- Dozens of illustrations, QR codes, and reflective questions
Mindfulness isn’t just a buzzword—it’s a time-tested, teacher-tested technique for reducing anxiety and improving your students’ outcomes.