Your Own Greatness Affirmed (Y.O.G.A. for Youth) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering youth and families in underserved communities through the principles and practice of yoga.
Since its inception in 1998, Y.O.G.A. for Youth has served over 20,000 young people in Los Angeles county alone. And we have served youth through out the US, Canada, Mexico and parts of Europe and China. A division of Y.O.G.A., Inc, Y.O.G.A. for Youth is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to creating opportunities for youth to practice yoga and relaxation in schools, community facilities, hospitals and detention centers.
The Y.O.G.A. for Youth curriculum translates ancient scientific yogic tools into a language youth can understand and apply to daily life. Unique programs have been designed to combat a myriad of issues that plague our youth today including stress, anger, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, poor concentration and obesity.
Y.O.G.A. for Youth:
- Trains existing yoga instructors in the YFY curriculum and matches them with facilities
- Trains teachers and other authorities working with youth on ways to apply yogic techniques
- Identifies institutions in need of yoga and manages the implementation of YFY programming
- Funds research and studies on the effects of yoga on youth populations
- Produces supplemental teaching tools for YFY teachers and students