Have you ever been curious about incorporating more sustainable practices in your daily life? Did you know that the U.S. solar industry has grown significantly in the past decade while the cost of solar has declined by nearly 70 percent? As a result, solar energy has become a viable option for homeowners in terms of efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Some other interesting solar facts:
- Airplanes can fly around the world while running entirely on solar energy.
- Solar energy can provide power 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In December 2016, the cost of building and installing new solar electricity generation dropped to $1.65 per watt, narrowly beating out its renewable counterpart wind ($1.66/Watt) and its fossil fuel competitors.
- In early 2019, the U.S. surpassed 2 million solar system installations.
- To help offer perspective, just five years ago the most efficient solar panel that money could buy was between 17 and 18 percent. In 2019, homeowners can get affordable quotes for solar panels in the 20 to 23 percent efficiency range anywhere in the U.S.
- In 2019, most homeowners are seeing payback periods between seven and eight years and 20-year savings estimates upwards of $20,000.
Source: Energy Sage 2020
We are excited to share that Y.O.G.A. for Youth NC has partnered with solar energy superstar, Ovanova. Ovanova will donate $50 to Y.O.G.A. for Youth each time someone sets up a short phone call with them through the link below. If you would like to learn more about the feasibility of installing solar in your home, or are generally curious, all you have to do is schedule a call with them, no strings attached. Simple as that!
Your short amount of time not only gives you more wisdom around solar options for your home but it also helps sustain Y.O.G.A. for Youth programming. Remember there is NO commitment, you only have to set up the phone call for Ovanova to donate $50 to Y.O.G.A. for Youth.
This small action has a large ripple effect in bringing transformative tools to the young leaders of your community! Check it out!
“From the initial call to the final installation, Ovanova did a seamless job helping me go solar. During my initial solar education call, Ovanova donated $50 to a local charity I support that provides assistance to families of pediatric patients. John Carey is extremely knowledgeable about the benefits and challenges of the solar industry and was with me every step of the way. I’m thrilled to be contributing toward a cleaner, more sustainable environment.”
“As Director of Y.O.G.A. for Youth in North Carolina, I’m very excited that we are partnering with Ovanova to simultaneously support our youth yoga programming and promote a sustainable energy future. Ovanova educates homeowners about home solar systems, and can show you how switching to solar for your home can be feasible and affordable. Just sign up for a phone conversation with an Ovanova representative through the attached link. When you get on the call, Ovanova will donate $50 to Y.O.G.A. for Youth NC. There is no obligation beyond the phone call.
I signed up for a call in February, and spoke with John Carey from Ovanova. He was authentic and professional, and I soon learned that a home solar array was feasible on our much-shaded roof. I had done some previous research on solar for our home, and the quote that he gave me was lower than previous quotes. At my request, he connected me with a solar installation company (vetted by Ovanova), and we are scheduled for installation later this month! I’m sold on the Ovanova business model that gives back to the community and promotes a product for a sustainable future. The people at Ovanova are wonderful, conscious human beings who believe in what they do. If you are a homeowner, please support Y.O.G.A. for Youth by scheduling a call today! “
-Keval Kaur Khalsa